Nordamerika : Wetter und Nachrichten
Nordamerikanische Zeitungen und Zeitschriften
Bolded titles are the ones that I've tried and recommend...
- Amerika Woche
- A North American weekly newspaper. No free trial, but you
can order a three-month mini-subscription to sample it. This is one of the two newspapers
to which I subscribed. A good mix of international, Germany
and USA news. It has the Lesemaus, a book service which also
provides reviews of new releases. In March 2002,
Amerika Woche incorporated Washington Journal and thus now also
provides additional information about the Northeast.
- Deutsch-Jüdische Zeitung
- Deutsche Rundschau
- A monthly German/English paper, published in Canada.
- Das Fenster
- A monthly German language magazine. I ordered a sample copy and it arrived very quickly, in less
than a week. 52 pages of general interest articles, history,
travel, recipes, stories, humor. Formerly Die Hausfrau,
it's really oriented more to an older, and feminine, audience, but
it does have something for everybody. I subscribed for a time but
later dropped it due to insufficient free time.
- Freie Zeitung
- A weekly newspaper, trial offer of one free month.
- German American Journal
- DANK: Deutsch Amerikanischer National Kongress
- Neue Presse
- A weekly newspaper, trial offer of one free month. More international
and USA news, less emphasis on Germany itself than in some other
newspapers. Serialized and short stories. Based in California, so most
of the USA news and advertisements focus on the Southwest. Residents
of the Midwest, like me, would probably prefer the Nordamerikanische
- New Yorker Staats-Zeitung
- A weekly newspaper, free sample upon request.
- Nordamerikanische Wochen-Post
- A weekly newspaper. (It appears that they no longer offer the
four free trial issues.) This is one of the two newspapers to
which I subscribed (and the one that I kept when I had to choose
between them!). It contains more news of Germany, slightly less
international and USA news than some other newspapers. Serialized
and short stories. Based in the Midwest, so the USA news and
advertisements focus on the Midwest, and since that's where I
live, that is one of the reasons that I chose this one. Residents
of the Southwest would probably prefer the Neue Presse. Of the
four that I sampled, I spent the most time with this one, and I
think that's a good sign.
Am 3. November 2008 aktualisiert.